Enclosure performance is a critical system for projects seeking passive house certification. As an enclosure consultant, we have been working on some of the largest passive house projects in the Pacific Northwest. In addition to providing critical enclosure consulting and testing, 4EA Building Science also has the in-house expertise to provide Certification and Verification for passive building projects through Phius (formerly, the Passive House Institute US, or PHIUS+).
We offer the following Certified Passive House Consulting services:
- Document Management for Pre-Certification with Phius
- Passive House-specific design review of Architectural and Mechanical Designs
- WUFI Passive Energy Modelling
- THERM Modelling
- Shading Studies
- Ongoing Consultation through Construction
We also offer the following Phius Certified Rater and Verifier services:
- Project Team Training
- Liaison with Phius through the construction process
- Document Management for Certification with Phius
- Onsite field verification and documentation of installed Passive House systems
Performance testing as well as oversight of third-party testing and balancing contractors.