Project Consultant – Vancouver
4EA Building Science is looking for a Project Consultant to join its recently opened Vancouver office!
4EA is a growing, dynamic, employee-owned firm with a team of consultants specializing in building science, enclosures, and performance. We work on buildings of all sizes and types, providing design and construction phase services. Learn more here!
You will have the opportunity to do a variety of work to support our newest office. Learn more about our services!
Education & Experience:
- Education: Diploma or degree in architecture or engineering-related fields.
- 2 to 4 years of work experience in building science and/or building design.
- RRO designation, or desire to obtain RRO designation desirable.
- Eligibility to register with a professional association (EGBC, AIBC, ASTTBC).
- Diligent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to manage concurrent projects.
- Aptitude for critical thought with attention to detail.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment.
- Working knowledge in AutoCAD, Revit, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Participate in design processes with architects, engineers, contractors and other construction professionals.
- Liaise with construction and design teams throughout the construction process.
- Administer construction contracts.
- Review construction documents including submittals & RFIs.
- Attend construction sites and meetings and produce field review reports. *
- Perform site testing including window and air barrier tests.
- Assist senior staff with the review or production of design documents for new and rehabilitation projects.
- Develop enclosure details by utilizing and contributing to 4EA’s detail library.
- Assist in building assessments and reporting.
*Consistent access to a personal vehicle is required for this role.
Your role in our growing office will provide you with exposure to a variety of types of work including new and existing building enclosure design, construction fieldwork, energy modelling, life cycle assessments, testing, contact, and administration. The right candidate will have a desire for continued learning and improvement, and be flexible with the types of assignments received.
Apply for the Project Consultant – Vancouver Office position by sending your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or completing the fields below. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.