Project Consultant – Seattle
4EA Building Science is looking for a Project Consultant to join its Seattle office! 4EA is a growing, dynamic, employee-owned firm with a team of consultants specializing in building science and building enclosures. We work on buildings of all sizes and types, providing design and construction phase services. Learn more here!
We seek analytical thinkers with experience or education in the building industry that have an aptitude for technical problem-solving balanced by aesthetic sensitivity. The Project Consultant role is an entry-level position that will primarily include assisting with the production of design documentation and construction documents for new construction and rehabilitation projects. The role will also include researching and gathering technical information and helping administer construction activities through review of submittals, RFIs, and construction site review. Collaboration will be required with other team members including architects, owners, and contractors. Participation in site testing is also likely.
An interest in learning about façades, windows, waterproofing, roofing, and building science fundamentals is needed to be successful in this role. This will be taught as part of job training to supplement existing knowledge. Learn more about our services!
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Engineering
- 0 to 3 years experience in building science and/or building design
- Strong organizational and communication skills and the ability to manage several simultaneous tasks
- Excellent critical thinking skills and attention to detail
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Excellent skills in AutoCAD, Revit, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Assist senior staff with the production of design documents for new and rehabilitative projects.
- Develop enclosure details by utilizing and contributing to 4EA’s detail library.
- Collaborate with senior staff on projects to meet or exceed client expectations.
- Manage deliverables to meet quality and deadlines.
- Participate in collaborative design processes with architects, engineers, landscape architects, and contractors.
- Assist with work under construction by reviewing submittals, RFIs and assisting with on-site testing.
- Attend field visits and meetings and produce follow-up reports.
We are happy to offer competitive compensation and benefits to the right candidate.
Apply for the Project Consultant – Seattle Office position by sending your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or completing the fields below. We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.