Project Consultant – Oakland
4EA Building Science is a growing, dynamic, employee-owned firm consisting of a team of consultants who specialize in building science and the building enclosure. We work on buildings of all sizes and types, providing design phase and construction phase services. We are seeking analytical thinkers with experience or education in the building industry who have an aptitude for technical problem solving balanced by aesthetic sensitivity.
The Project Consultant role involves assisting with the building enclosure design of new buildings, assessment of existing buildings, and field review and testing of new buildings during construction and existing buildings. A basic level of building science understanding is expected and will be further developed on the job. Collaboration will be required with other team members including architects, owners, product vendors, and contractors.
Project Consultant Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering or other building construction related field.
- 0 to 5 years of experience in building science, building construction or an allied field.
- Strong communication skills including written, verbal, and sketching.
- Excellent technical analysis skills paired with sharp observational abilities and attention to detail.
- Competence in identifying priorities and shifting between tasks in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Desire to collaborate with colleagues and share responsibilities and rewards of working towards a shared goal.
- Aptitude for working with tools. Comfort working at heights is a plus.
- Strong computer graphics skills. Skills in AutoCAD and Revit preferred.
- Interest in building science, building durability, and energy-related building issues.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable Driver’s Record Report.
- Equal ability to work as an independent self-starter and collaborative team member.
- Assist senior staff with building enclosure design activities and construction review for new and existing projects
- Carry out construction field reviews to observe progress and identify building enclosure deficiencies. Write site visit reports and track action items.
- Work with other team members to perform building enclosure tests, troubleshoot testing equipment, analyze test results, and write testing reports
- Review construction submittals and respond to RFIs
- Actively participate in collaborative design processes with architects, engineers, landscape architects and contractors
- Assist with production of building enclosure details by utilizing and contributing to our detail library
- Collaborate with senior staff on projects to meet or exceed client expectations.
- We work on buildings of all types and sizes, which ensures that you will be working on interesting projects.
- Working with knowledgeable and experienced teammates will provide excellent learning opportunities to support and move your career forward.
- The Oakland office is a recently established office. Joining as an early team member will provide great potential for growth and pride in creation.
- We are happy to offer competitive compensation and benefits to the right candidate.
Apply by sending your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or by completing the fields below. We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.