Draftsperson – Seattle
4EA Building Science is looking for a Draftsperson to join its Seattle office! 4EA is a growing, dynamic, employee-owned firm with a team of consultants specializing in building science and building enclosures. We work on buildings of all sizes and types, providing design and construction phase services. Learn more here!
The Draftsperson role will primarily include assisting with the production of design documentation and construction documents for new construction and rehabilitation projects. AutoCAD is the primary software used. This dynamic position will include training on technical building science topics to aid in document production efficiency. You will collaborate with most 4EA team members. Participation in other activities such as construction site testing is also possible to supplement in-office drawing time. Learn more about our services!
An interest in learning about façades, windows, waterproofing, roofing, and building science fundamentals is needed to be successful in this role. This will be taught as part of job training to supplement existing knowledge.
- Education: Associate’s Degree, College Diploma, or Certificate in Design Technology or similar field at minimum. Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, or a related field is a plus.
- 0-10+ years experience in building design/drafting
- Strong organizational and communication skills and the ability to manage several simultaneous tasks
- Excellent critical thinking skills and attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Excellent skills in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite
- Assist senior staff with the production of design documents for new and rehabilitative projects.
- Develop enclosure details by utilizing and contributing to 4EA’s detail library.
- Collaborate with senior staff on projects to meet or exceed client expectations.
- Manage deliverables to meet quality and deadlines.
- Participate in collaborative design processes with architects, engineers, landscape architects, and contractors.
- Opportunity to attend construction sites to assist with window testing and air barrier testing on an as-needed basis.
Full- or Part-time positions available.
We are happy to offer competitive compensation and benefits to the right candidate.
Apply for the Draftsperson – Seattle Office position by sending your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or completing the fields below. We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.