Building Science Consultant – Seattle
4EA Building Science is looking for a Building Science Consultant to join its Seattle office! 4EA Building Science is a growing, dynamic, employee-owned firm with a team of consultants specializing in building science and building enclosures. We work on buildings of all sizes and types, providing design and construction phase services. Learn more here!
We seek analytical thinkers with experience or education in the building industry that have an aptitude for technical problem-solving balanced by aesthetic sensitivity. The Building Science Consultant role involves project management for buildings of moderate to large size and average complexity from design through construction. A basic understanding of building science is expected and will be further developed on the job. You are expected to collaborate with other team members including architects, owners, and contractors. Learn more about our services!
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, or other building construction-related field
- 3-7 years experience in building science and/or building design
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to comprehend the scope of each project
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to organize multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Experience collaborating with contractors, architects, and consultants
- Experience managing project and deliverable schedules
- Effective oral and written English skills
- Skills in AutoCAD and Revit preferred.
- An interest in energy-related building issues, durability, and building science
- Manage all aspects of assigned projects including scope, client handling, quality assurance, site and off-site work, and billing. These skills will be mentored
- Assist with the production of building enclosure details by utilizing and contributing to our detail library
- Produce unique building envelope details for new construction and rehabilitation projects
- Review and produce written reports and letters
- Coordinate with and direct Project Consultants assigned to your projects
- Manage deliverable schedules
- Participate in collaborative design processes with architects, engineers, landscape architects, and contractors
- Ensure services are compliant with the scope of work and with current 4EA company standards and procedures
- Review submittals and RFIs. Attend sites to review ongoing work and assist with testing
- Attend field visits periodically and produce field reports
We are happy to offer competitive compensation and benefits to the right candidate.
Apply for the Building Science Consultant – Seattle Office position by sending your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or by completing the fields below. We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.