Accounting Assistant – Seattle
4EA Building Science is looking for an Accounting Assistant to join its Seattle office! 4EA is a dynamic, employee-owned firm with a team of consultants specializing in building science and building enclosures. We work on buildings of all sizes and types, providing design phase and construction phase services. Learn more here!
We are seeking an Accounting Assistant to provide accounting and administrative support as part of our administrative team. This is currently a hybrid position and is a great opportunity to join our growing team and contribute to our growth (and yours) by utilizing your accounting and administrative experience in an upbeat workspace. We cultivate a supportive and collaborative environment to help your professional development flourish because we believe that individual growth benefits the team as a whole.
Ideally, you excel at taking the lead in your day-to-day tasks but are also flexible when different needs and priorities arise throughout the day. You are capable of working independently but also enjoy collaborating regularly with the team.
- Full-cycle accounts receivable, including depositing checks, applying payments, reviewing aging reports, and making collections efforts
- Assist with full-cycle accounts payable, including processing vendor invoices, reconciling vendor statements, and monthly check runs
- Payroll preparation and processing through 3rd party vendor
- Monthly project billings, including creating billing review reports, generating invoices for project manager review, and sending invoices to clients
- Bank and account reconciliations
- Miscellaneous general accounting duties
Project Support (10%):
- Assist with the production of field review reports (FRRs), proposals, and project setup documents
- Track and coordinate certificates of insurance (COI) and contracts
- Editing of technical specifications/other project documents for clarity and formatting
General Office Support (10%)
- Answer phones, receive mail and packages
- Manage general cleanliness and organization of common office space
- Provide general office support and general miscellaneous tasks
- College degree in accounting, business, or related field
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience in a business setting providing accounting-related tasks preferred
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Excel and the general Office suite
- Highly organized, detailed-oriented, and able to protect confidential information
- Ability to analyze problems, develop and recommend solutions, and resolve issues
- Able to perform effectively both independently and as a team member
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize a myriad of tasks
We are happy to offer competitive compensation and benefits to the right candidate.
Apply for the Accounting Assistant – Seattle Office position by sending your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or by completing the fields below. We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.