Accounting and Administrative Assistant – Seattle
4EA Building Science is a dynamic, employee-owned firm consisting of a team of consultants who specialize in building science and the building enclosure. We work on buildings of all sizes and types, providing design phase and construction phase services.
We are seeking an Accounting & Administrative Assistant to provide support for both the accounting and administrative teams in our Seattle office. This is a great opportunity to join our growing team and contribute to our growth (and yours) by utilizing your accounting and project management experience in an upbeat workspace. We cultivate a supportive and collaborative environment to help your professional development flourish, because we believe that individual growth benefits the team as a whole.
Ideally, you excel at taking the lead in your day-to-day tasks but are also flexible when different needs and priorities arise throughout the day. You are capable of working independently but also enjoy collaborating regularly with the team. Payroll preparation and billing reports are a walk in the park for you, and you take pride in your file keeping and organization skills.
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Excel and the general Office suite
- Highly organized, detailed-oriented, and able to protect confidential information
- Ability to analyze problems, develop and recommend solutions, and revolve issues
- Able to perform effectively both independently and as a team member
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- College degree in accounting, business, or related field
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a business setting providing accounting related tasks preferred
- Full-cycle accounts receivable, including depositing checks, applying payments, reviewing aging reports, and making collections efforts
- Assist with full-cycle accounts payable, including processing vendor invoices, reconciling vendor statements, and monthly check runs
- Payroll preparation and processing through 3rd party vendor
- Monthly project billings, including creating billing review reports, generating invoices for project manager review, and sending invoices to clients
- Bank and account reconciliations
- Miscellaneous general accounting duties
Project Support & General Support (20%): Provide additional support and/or backup support to Administrative Team
- Assist with the production of field review reports (FRRs) and project setup documents
Provide general office support, including digital file organization, Lunch & Learn coordination, and general miscellaneous tasks